National restrictions and General Aviation National restrictions are in place in England to reduce day-to-day contact between people and help stop the spread of coronavirus. Private pilots should not undertake any sport…
6,975 total viewsNovember 5, 2020
The current exemption that allows General Aviation (GA) pilots to self-declare their medical fitness expires on Wednesday 8 April 2020. The Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) is therefore advising affected pilots to act…
3,474 total views, 2 views todayMarch 4, 2020
The UK Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) has revealed it paid out more than £2.65m in grants to the GA community towards purchase of 8.33 kHz compatible radios. The funding, provided by the…
12,331 total viewsMarch 18, 2019
Commenting on today’s Sky News story on UK aviation and Brexit, Mark Swan, Group Director of Safety and Airspace Regulation at the UK Civil Aviation Authority, said: “It is misleading for Sky…
13,355 total viewsMarch 17, 2019
Address: Hangar 17 / 18, Dunkeswell Aerodrome, Dunkeswell, Devon, EX14 4LG.
Phone: 07808 788996
- CAA launch autumn Virtual Voyage 2021 General Aviation Summit September 13, 2021Please join us for Virtual Voyage 2021 General Aviation Summit, brought to you by the UK Civil Aviation Authority on 6, 7 and 11 October 2021.
- UK Civil Aviation Authority statement on ICCAN closure September 6, 2021The Secretary of State for Transport has today announced the Government's intention to wind down the Independent Commission on Civil Aviation Noise (ICCAN) at the end of September 2021.
- More than 45% of businesses yet to apply ahead of September ATOL renewals September 2, 2021Travel businesses that are due to renew their ATOL this month are being urged to submit their renewal applications well before 30 September 2021 to avoid a delay to processing.
- Response to Travel Weekly story on segregation of funds September 1, 2021The UK Civil Aviation Authority and ATOL has responded to a Travel Weekly story on segregation of funds.
- Fixed Penalty Notice data published for the period up to and including Q2 2021 September 1, 2021The UK Civil Aviation Authority has published data on the number of Fixed Penalty Notices (FPNs) issued to airlines for carrying passengers who had not complied with Covid-19 requirements.
- UK Civil Aviation Authority appoints new Non-Executive Directors August 27, 2021The UK Civil Aviation Authority has announced the appointment of two new Non-Executive Directors.
- The Civil Aviation Authority signs post-EU air safety arrangement with the Civil Aviation Administration of China August 25, 2021The UK Civil Aviation Authority and the Civil Aviation Administration of China have signed a Working Arrangement on the reciprocal acceptance of Production and Airworthiness Approval.
- New 600kg Microlight Aeroplane classification becomes Law August 19, 2021The UK Civil Aviation Authority is pleased to announce the long-awaited revision of the UK Microlight Aeroplane definition.
- Guidance Coronavirus (COVID-19): General Aviation November 5, 2020
- Changes to General Aviation pilot medical self-declarations March 4, 2020
- Over 6,000 GA pilots given 8.33 EU grants March 18, 2019
- CAA statement on Sky News aviation and Brexit story March 17, 2019