Category / CAA
The current exemption that allows General Aviation (GA) pilots to self-declare their medical fitness expires on Wednesday 8 April 2020. The Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) is therefore advising affected pilots to act…
1,476 total views, 2 views todayMarch 4, 2020
The UK Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) and Ofcom have begun contacting holders of aircraft and ground station radio licences with more information about the forthcoming transfer of the service to the communications…
5,583 total viewsMarch 18, 2019
The UK Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) has revealed it paid out more than £2.65m in grants to the GA community towards purchase of 8.33 kHz compatible radios. The funding, provided by the…
5,055 total views, 4 views todayMarch 18, 2019
Commenting on today’s Sky News story on UK aviation and Brexit, Mark Swan, Group Director of Safety and Airspace Regulation at the UK Civil Aviation Authority, said: “It is misleading for Sky…
5,309 total viewsMarch 17, 2019
Address: Hangar 17 / 18, Dunkeswell Aerodrome, Dunkeswell, Devon, EX14 4LG.
Phone: 07808 788996
- UK Civil Aviation Authority launches consultation on Gatwick Airport Limited’s commitments October 22, 2020New economic regulation consultation published today
- Civil Aviation Authority announces charges relating to the accident involving N264DB October 15, 2020Prosecution details released
- New Head of Flight Operations Announced October 12, 2020The UK Civil Aviation Authority has appointed Glenn Bradley as its new Head of Flight Operations.
- CAA launches new online PPL e-Exams system October 9, 2020The new Private Pilot Licence (PPL) e-Exams online system, which replaces Part-FCL PPL aeroplane and helicopter paper-based theoretical knowledge exams, went live this week.
- UK Civil Aviation Authority launches consultation on Heathrow Airport Limited’s request for RAB readjustment October 9, 2020Initial assessment and consultation published today
- UK Civil Aviation Authority Statement: ATOL Renewals October 6, 2020Data published for October renewals
- General Aviation and unmanned aircraft communities set to benefit from fund to subsidise electronic conspicuity devices October 5, 2020Rebates of up to £250 for new Electronic Conspicuity (EC) devices are now available thanks to funding from the Department for Transport (DfT)
- The CAA’s General Aviation Unit continues to make considerable progress in its aim to radically improve the regulation of General Aviation (GA) in the UK October 1, 2020An update on the CAA's GA activities
- Changes to General Aviation pilot medical self-declarations March 4, 2020
- Regulators give update on radio licence switch March 18, 2019
- Over 6,000 GA pilots given 8.33 EU grants March 18, 2019
- CAA statement on Sky News aviation and Brexit story March 17, 2019