National restrictions and General Aviation National restrictions are in place in England to reduce day-to-day contact between people and help stop the spread of coronavirus. Private pilots should not undertake any sport…
4,357 total views, 2 views todayNovember 5, 2020
The current exemption that allows General Aviation (GA) pilots to self-declare their medical fitness expires on Wednesday 8 April 2020. The Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) is therefore advising affected pilots to act…
2,808 total viewsMarch 4, 2020
The UK Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) has revealed it paid out more than £2.65m in grants to the GA community towards purchase of 8.33 kHz compatible radios. The funding, provided by the…
9,563 total views, 2 views todayMarch 18, 2019
Commenting on today’s Sky News story on UK aviation and Brexit, Mark Swan, Group Director of Safety and Airspace Regulation at the UK Civil Aviation Authority, said: “It is misleading for Sky…
10,347 total views, 4 views todayMarch 17, 2019
Address: Hangar 17 / 18, Dunkeswell Aerodrome, Dunkeswell, Devon, EX14 4LG.
Phone: 07808 788996
- Security training instructor sentenced for falsifying documents May 6, 2021Actions were a clear abuse of trust and responsibility
- UK Civil Aviation Authority launches consultation on ATOL protection April 29, 2021Consultation will e open until end of July 2021
- UK Civil Aviation Authority statement: Ryanair Enforcement Action Update April 29, 2021Case relates to the airline's 2018 strike
- UK CAA announces integration of GAU and RPAS to form one combined unit April 28, 2021The UK Civil Aviation Authority is today announcing the General Aviation Unit (GAU) and Remotely Piloted Aircraft System Unit (RPAS) teams will be formally integrated into one unit with Sophie O’Sullivan, the current interim Head of the GAU and current Head of RPAS, named as the permanent Head of this combined unit.
- Economic regulation of Heathrow Airport Limited April 27, 2021Package of measures relating to our economic regulation of Heathrow Airport Limited
- The CAA’s GAU starts 2021 with a focus on returning to flying post COVID April 22, 2021The first quarter of 2021 has seen the UK Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) General Aviation Unit (GAU) focused on supporting the UK’s General Aviation (GA) community on a safe return to flying following the government’s easing of COVID-19 restrictions.
- Step forward for the drone industry as Civil Aviation Authority authorises trial of a concept for routine BVLOS operations April 20, 2021Permission is part of a test project to prove the concept ahead of potentially opening it up to the wider market
- UK Civil Aviation Authority confirms regulatory approval for JetBlue April 19, 2021Foreign Carrier Permit given to US airline
- Guidance Coronavirus (COVID-19): General Aviation November 5, 2020
- Changes to General Aviation pilot medical self-declarations March 4, 2020
- Over 6,000 GA pilots given 8.33 EU grants March 18, 2019
- CAA statement on Sky News aviation and Brexit story March 17, 2019